Want to make a difference?
Are you over 21, female, a positive role model, able to commit 4-5 hours a month to an 8-month program and ready to change the life of a young woman in out of home care? If so, please apply to be a Buddy in the My Life My Plan program. Please see the Registration section below.
- Volunteers must be at least 21 years of age and female
- Must have a valid Working With Children Check and a National Police Check.
- A volunteer must also complete the simple, yet thorough application process.
Remember, you don’t have to be brilliant, athletic, famous or rich – our young women need real people, who want to have fun, be a positive role model, and most of all lend a listening ear and encouragement as a trusted adult.
Benefits to mentors
- an improved sense of achievement and satisfaction by providing opportunities that have a positive influence on a someone's life
- insight into the lives of young people
- an opportunity to build new positive relationships meet new people
- developing new skills
- great addition to your resume
- Make a necessary minimum commitment of 8 months for the program to be a success
- Meet for a minimum of four hours per month (eg. 1 hour per week) throughout the 8 month period. We understand you will have life commitments eg. exams or holidays that you will need to work around.
- Complete our training program
- Agree to and abide by our Behavioural expectations.
Register your interest in becoming a buddy. Please download and complete the Registration form. Please ensure that all sections are complete so we can assess your eligibility to be a Buddy in our program. Please email the completed registration form to email@example.com. Please enter 'Registration Form' in the subject line. We will assess your form and eligibility for our program and will notify you via email of the outcome.